Hydro installation on the Boite torrent
Main features of hydro installation:
- Natural flow rate (average value): 5.80 mc/s
- Available flow rate (average value): 4.60 mc/s
- Available flow rate (maximum value): 11 mc/s
- Minimum Vital Flow: 915 l/s (stable during year)
- Average hydraulic head: 32.97 m
- Nominal capacity (average value): 1.50 MW
- Efficient capacity (maximum value): 2.26 MW
- Annual production (average value): 9.90 GWh/year
New installation in the municipality of Cortina d’Ampezzo
The design, which together with the environmental prefeasibility study is attached to the application for water diversion for hydroelectric use, defines a run-of-river installation for using the resources of the Boite torrent.
The intake structure, located at 1140.27 m above sea level, approx. 220 m downstream of the confluence with the Rio Bigontina, consists of a fixed weir, followed by a short diversion channel on the left bank, which conveys water to the sand trap. The water so diverted gets into the load tank, from where the steel pressure pipe (DN2000) originates, which develops underground over a length of approx. 1780 m.
The water diverted from the stream shall be used in the turbine power plant (equipped with two vertical axis Francis turbines) located along the Boite torrent, on the left bank, downstream of the bridge serving the link road between Campo di Sotto and the hamlets of Zuel. An open return pipe with direct water delivery into the Boite torrent shall also be laid here. Architectural design of the power plant by Architect Vincenzo Valentini.
All the works making up the installation are located in the municipality of Cortina d'Ampezzo.