Projects: Roads & Motorways
Integrated Intervention Plan of Rozzano
Main project features:
- Construction of 3 roundabouts carried out in consecutive phases, without disruption of traffic
- Waterways culverts structures
- Upgrading of the power supply, telephone, water, district heating and natural gas networks
- Provision and upgrading of the public lighting network
- Provision and upgrading of the waste waters network and of the sewage connection
- Implementation of landscaping for the redevelopment of the irrigation ditch banks
Urban development works of via Manzoni and via Brodolini
The main issue was to carry out the works within an area characterized by heavy traffic caused by cars, pedestrians and public transport. Further difficulties arose from the study of the phases regarding the realization of the structures next to the waterways (with culverts of considerable sizes) due to the short period of dryness of the canals.
The road works (including upgrading and new works) involved mainly:
- Roundabout at the intersection between via Manzoni and via Brodolini;
- Roundabout at the intersection between via Brodolini and via De Amicis;
- Improvement of the sidewalks along via Manzoni and via Brodolini;
- Roundabout at the intersection between via Romagna and via Mazzocchi.
During the work phases, the Works Supervision Office issued two variation orders, with the purpose of acknowledging and setting forth the improvements requested by the Municipal Administration.