Projects: Buildings & Town planning
New port of Ventimiglia
- Surface of sheltered waters: 67.230 sqm
- Outer breakwater
- Inner breakwater
- Overall boat spaces: 176
- Maximum length of boats: 70 m
Land side works:
- Commercial areas: (FA) 2.473 sqm - (V) 8409 cum
- Dry berthing: (FA) 270 sqm - (V) 920 cum
- Storage area: (FA) 1.899 sqm - (V) 6458 cum
- Service tower: (FA) sqm 643 sqm - (V) 2250 cum
- Port services (FA) 556 sqm - (V) 1893 cum
- Equipment storage: (FA) 548 sqm - (V) 1425 cum
- Parking areas: (FA) 10.530 sqm - (V) 31.249,83 cum
Land side and sea-based works, urban development works
The port is located in the area of Marina S. Giuseppe within the municipality of Ventimiglia, in a stretch of coastline shaped to accommodate this type of work as a natural “extension” of the existing landing. The physically well-defined area extends from Punta della Rocca in the west to the mouth of the river Roja in the east
The project of the land side works involves an area of approx. 2 hectares and foresees the execution of:
- Eastern shore reinforcement;
- Business spaces/services on the port platform;
- Dry port road system and provision of a roundabout at the end of the Marconi Promenade;
- Public and private parking spaces, situated behind the marina.
The construction of a new vertical lift will foster the restoration and enhancement of the route to "Le Calandre" beach as well as the upgrading / recovery of the interconnections with the historic center of Ventimiglia. Finally, by way of compensatory measures and with the purpose of improving the local road system, the project provides also for the requalification of the road network adjacent to the port area and of the Scoglietti tunnel.
The port layout is very compact and rational as a result of the optimized drawing of the land side works which consist of 8.616 cubic meters of commercial volumes and 430 parking spaces. In addition to a dry berthing and a small storage service, the western commercial area encompasses the extension of both the parking and commercial zone placed around the main quay. The portion intended to shelter the vehicles has two levels, with the lowest floor below the quay level.
A central tower on the main pier, storage areas and toilets on the quay are dedicated to the boating activities. The tower is used as port reception, yacht club and port traffic control and management office.