Projects: Buildings & Town planning
Santa Giulia district in Milan
- Reorganization of Mecenate junction
- Primary and secondary urban redevelopment
- Multistorey parking (140'000 square meters)
- Arrangement of hydrographic network
Development works within the framework of restructuring plan for a disused industrial area
Site development works for the implementation of a new Integrated Intervention Program named ‘Santa Giulia’ in the municipality of Milan, extending over an area of approx. 1'110'000 square meters and fitted out with commercial spaces, entertainment, cinema, accommodation facilities and offices, as well as a congress center and a large public park.
The design of the development works is a part of intervention named 'Milano Santa Giulia' involving the area of the former Acciaierie Redaelli in the south-east portion of Milan, which includes a significant urban restructuring plan based on the creation of a new multifunctional district on a total gross surface of approx. 1'200'000 square meters.
The works develop around the new roads serving the future compartment and involving three different functional levels:
- Urban district roads: located along the east boundary of the compartment, they develop almost parallel to the Eastern By-Pass Road, ensuring distribution of the flows directed into the area and in particular to the car parks and lock-up garages;
- Interdistrict roads: located along the perimeter west of the concerned area, they connect the Mecenate junction with the area south of Rogoredo as well as with the two-level roundabout planned in the context of the upgrading of the Paullese junction on the Eastern By-Pass Road;
- Local roads: located in the new settlement, they ensure access to the various functions available in this area.