Projects: Roads & Motorways
Road network reorganisation in Rozzano
- Underpass on Curiel street: 3 independent spans, 10.3 meters long for each span, 32.70 meters width, deck with prestressed concrete beams to pasted strands
- Bridge on junction slip road: single span, 27.8 meters long, variable width (from 25.25 to 26.15 meters), deck with prestressed concrete beams to pasted strands
- Junction overpass on West Bypass: 3 spans (27+43+27 meters), 13.50 meters width, deck in steel-concrete section
- Supporting walls in mechanically stabilized earth
Link road to the new junction on the Western By-Pass Road
The various designs proposed concern the road works necessary to improve access to the Milan motorway system by means of a new junction on the Western By-Pass Road, as well as the rationalization of the roads serving the entire commercial area.
The designed measures are located north-east of the municipal territory of Rozzano, and they have been divided into several functional lots in order to meet the various implementation deadlines.
The new road works concern:
- upgrading the former S.S.35 'Giovi' main national road close to the existing motorway junction;
- the link road between the local area road network and the roads serving the commercial district, to be built in three lots;
- the new motorway junction on the western Milan bypass.
The design has been drawn up with the aim of achieving the following purposes:
- optimization of the access arrangements to the commercial districts;
- limitation of left turns to favour the separation of traffic flows;
- integration of foot/cycle links;
- limitation of the supply of embankment material by reusing the considerable volumes of material from the shopping center under construction;
- separation of vehicle flows using multi-level intersections;
- limitation of the environmental impact on residential areas;
- limitation of the repercussions of the construction stages on the road network.